Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Ladybug Love.... =)


          Hey it's Nikki for the Paper Nest Dolls with the cutest thing ever......As long as I can remember, I have always loved ladybugs. With this project I am about to show you, I decided to step outside of the box and do something a little different for myself. It is not your typical card that you would see from me but a tag, that is right folks, I made a TAG. A really cute tag using Ladybug Emma. You can find this stamp here. I decided I needed to try something different as I always complete cards, usually because I need them for something. It was time for something different.....


           With Ladybug Emma, I used Copic markers to ink her up. Her skin was coloured with E000, E00, E11 and R20. Her hair was inked with........ Her dress I did with R37, R39, R46 and R89. The dots are done with C3, C5, C7 and C9. I used Diamond Stickles to add some sparkle. The grass was done in YG03. The flowers were inked with V12 and RV34.


          I cut the tag shape from the Cricut machine using Tags, Bags and More. The tag is 6.5" in size. I used Gina K Kraft card stock. As you can see, I distressed everything using Tim Holtz distressing ink in Walnut Stain. I used black card stock and Pebbles patterned paper. I added some jazz with the cream coloured lace, black feather from Bella Blvd and some cheese clothe. The final touch was the red satin ribbon. This was definitely out of the box for me but I am very happy with how this turned out. Hope you enjoyed..... stay crafty my friends..... =)

1 comment:

I love hearing what you have to say! Please feel free to leave your comments below.

copyright © 2013 the paper nest · graphics by erica belton · web design by red peach designs